Evolito was spun out by YASA Limited to exclusively industrialise the next-generation electric motor technology and IP for the rapidly-growing aerospace market.
By accelerating the adoption of electric propulsion, we will help revolutionise personal mobility and transform our towns and cities with clean, noise-free electric air transportation.
As part of our current high-growth phase, we are looking for an SQA Engineer to join the team to improve and maintain the end-to-end supply chain performance of product and service suppliers. Reporting to our Director of Operations and working closely with our Quality Team, you will be responsible for developing supply chain-related procedures and processes, as well as managing supplier assessment and supplier concerns.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out supplier audits to support approvals, both UK and internationally
- Preparing and ensuring compliance to Supplier Quality Plans
- Reviewing and approving supplier APQP, PPAP and FAIR / LAIR submissions
- Communication and implementation of supplier quality requirements
- Leading the implementation of supplier development activities with the aim of delivering year-on-year supplier QCD improvements
- Leading the implementation of robust processes for supplier management and development
- Establishing supplier scorecards monitoring quality, delivery and commercial performance
- Work closely with Purchasing, Engineering, Manufacturing and Programme Management on supplier selection for new products and services
- Managing supplier audit corrective action requests
- Managing supplier product non-conformance actions, including containment, root cause analysis, corrective and preventative actions in a timely manner
- Acting as primary point of contact for supplier deviation requests
- Supporting work transfer activities
- Supporting management of supplier risk
- Supporting the implementation and subsequent maintenance of systems and processes to ensure compliance with the Evolito Business Management Systems.
Skills and experience required:
- Previous proven experience in a similar role within an aerospace or highly regulated automotive supply chain quality environment
- Familiar with CAA regulations Part21G and Part21J
- Experience with Quality Improvement Programmes, Pareto, PFMEA, 5s, 6 Sigma or similar continuous improvement tools
- Experience with external audits
- Experienced in the use of APQP tools and techniques, familiarity with AS9145 preferred
- Experienced in the use of statistical analysis, process capability and problem resolution tools (8D, 5 Why, 6 Sigma etc.) and techniques
- A team player with the ability to work under own initiative
- Ability to work under pressure while managing conflicting demands against tight deadlines
- Ability to influence others
- A positive “can-do” attitude
- A flexible approach to work
- Ability to work at pace in a multi-project environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Full UK driver’s license and ability to travel worldwide.
- Experience of working within a Prime or Tier 1 environment
- Knowledge of AS9100 and Process Auditing, AS9100 Lead audit
Are you Evolito?
Apply now for immediate consideration.