Evolito was spun out of YASA Limited to exclusively industrialise the next-generation electric motor technology and IP for the rapidly-growing aerospace market.
By accelerating the adoption of electric propulsion, we will help revolutionise personal mobility and transform our towns and cities with clean, noise-free electric air transportation.
As part of our initial growth phase, we are looking for Financial Controller to assist the Director of Finance with the development of sound financial controls and procedures, as well as support with the day-to-day management of the Finance Team.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Managing, coaching and developing two management accountants and one assistant accountant
- Providing timely, accurate and effective management information to the business
- Challenging budget holders to ensure resource and investment is optimised
- Ensuring rigorous financial controls are in place
- Responsible for monthly and annual closing activities
- Producing monthly and annual financial statements and ad hoc financial reports
- Deputising for the Director of Finance
- Prepare, monitor and maintain annual department and company budgets
- Cash management
- Assess and reduce the company’s exposure to financial risk
- Oversee preparation of Group payroll and manage renewals for PHI and Life.
- Manage the year end audit and tax compliance process
- Ad-hoc projects from the Director of Finance and other members of the Senior Management Team
- Proactively assist all areas of the business.
Skills and experience required:
- Previous proven experience within a similar role, ideally within an SME accounting environment
- CIMA /ACCA /ACA or equivalent qualifications
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing or engineering environment
- Demonstrable process improvement and controls experience
- Previous experience managing a team
- Good knowledge of VAT both in respect of UK VAT, non-UK VAT and import/export VAT
- Advanced Excel skills, including ability to work with pivot tables, look-ups etc.
- Good IT skills and experience working with Microsoft Windows, Office, etc.
- Proactive approach to work
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Good attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, both as part of the team and on own initiative
- Confident and results driven
- Ability to manage workload and time according to deadlines set
- A flexible approach work.
- SAP Business One experience
Are you Evolito?
Apply now for immediate consideration.