Evolito was spun out by YASA Limited to exclusively industrialise the next-generation electric motor technology and IP for the rapidly-growing aerospace market.
By accelerating the adoption of electric propulsion, we will help revolutionise personal mobility and transform our towns and cities with clean, noise-free electric air transportation.
As part of our current high growth phase, we are looking for a Manufacturing Engineering Manager to join the team. Reporting to our Director of Operations, you will lead the Manufacturing and Process Engineering teams to support the setup of a new manufacturing facility and production of electric motors and electronic controls for aerospace customers.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Install, maintain, and improve production lines to enable the manufacturing of electric motors, controls and assemblies. Equipment will be largely automated and varied from wire benders, presses, curing ovens, laser welding and electronic test systems through to general assembly stations with hand tools
- Understand the short-, medium- and long-term volume demand plans for our new site and own the capacity solutions to meet that demand. This includes ownership of factory layout, product and mix changes, digitisation and detailed CAPEX solutions and costings to support increased volumes and/or new products into the facility
- Champion continuous improvement including Visual Factory, optimised layout, value stream mapping, process timing with Operator Load Charts and Work Combination Sheets
- Define the roles and objectives of your teams to support the needs of the business, identify shortfalls or skill gaps and ensure a robust plan is in place to develop engineers
- Manage and lead a team of engineers to support the introduction of new products and processes from early sample builds through to customer PPAP supported by PFMEA, clear standardised work instructions and other lineside documentation
- Implement and manage a structured planned maintenance programme with a team of Maintenance Engineers
- Work closely with the Quality and Production Teams as a key part of the Operations Team developing operations budgets and cross-functional improvement initiatives
- Design and procure new equipment for current and future production requirements ensuring robust and on-time delivery, commissioning, and handover to production
- Ensure equipment strategies are in line with Evolito product strategy, projects and facilities.
Skills and experience required:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or equivalent
- Significant and demonstrable experience managing teams of Manufacturing and Process Engineers, including a track record of department budget management
- Ability to solve problems and provide robust solutions to problems as they arise
- A track record of NPI from PFMEA and Control Plan development leading to robust process development and work instructions.
- Experience in optimised cell layout, material handling and ergonomics as well as equipment specification and procurement
- Planning of operational layouts and overall efficiencies to suit flexible volume and product manufacturing. This must include evidence of process timing, line balancing and work combination management for changes in demand and mix
- Ability to support and plan for future opportunities/volumes, while having the ability to manage teams on a day-to-day basis
- Organised and able to meet tight deadlines
- A flexible approach to work and the desire to thrive in a dynamic, fast-moving environment
- A determination to succeed
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to ‘sell’ ideas and plans at all levels of the business.
- Experience in equipment maintenance, critical spares, disaster recovery planning and TPM.
Are you Evolito?
Apply now for immediate consideration.